Thursday, December 3, 2015

3. Christmas Ale

Brewer:  Great Lakes Brewery
Location:  Cleveland, OH
Style:  Winter Warmer
ABV:  7.5%
BA Rating:  88

This is THE Christmas Ale that all Christmas Ales aspire to be.  It's one that everyone looks forward to year.  My giant eagle was running a special on growlers, and I hope they still are.  I'm going to fill one up tomorrow.  I wanted to include Great Lakes new winter seasonal Ohio City Oatmeal Stout, but it wasn't available in our area.  
At first taste the citrus notes are very prominent, almost to a point they had a metallic taste.  After a few minutes, the warm flavor of the ginger began to introduce itself.  I never really caught any of the cinnamon taste, I'll have to investigate further.
Side Note:  Great Lakes re-did all of their labels this year, I think they look fantastic.

Website:  GL Christmas Ale

No comments:

Post a Comment