Monday, December 1, 2014

1. O'Fallon Pumpkin Beer


Brewer: O'Fallon Brewery
Location: O'Fallon, Missouri
Style: Pumpkin Ale
ABV: 5.6%
Beer Advocate: 83

Welcome to Day 1!  While Thanksgiving is still fresh on everyone's mind (and in everyone's fridge) we can enjoy this brew along with some leftovers!  I specifically chose this pumpkin ale because I had it on draft at my favorite restauant (The Magic Tree).  I always like to put a pumpkin beer in the #1 spot, and when I drank it, I had to have it for the calendar.

Unfortunately, I accidentally froze mine... I wanted to cool it down quickly so I could post about it, and I forgot.  It didn't blow up, I just have to thaw it out.

Website: O'Fallon Beers

3 comments:

  1. Dear O'Fallon Pumpkin,

    It's not you, it's me. I take full credit for this unhealthy relationship. Some call me a beer bigot, others accuse me of being anti-orange gourd. It's true...I cannot deny it. I hate pumpkin in beer. I just do. It's not you, it's me.

    I've given all your brothers and sisters an opportunity over the years. I've drain-poured Pumpking, and choked down Punkin'. I've wretched at Warlock and Spooky Tooth alike. I've hated them all with equal distaste. It's not you, it's me. I'm anti-Cucurbita.

    I did like the small bit of malt backbone I could taste in the background before the cinnamon and nutmeg went all Bruce Lee on my tongue. But, alas....we're just not meant to be. You're a Crip, I'm a Blood. You're the Jets, and I'm a Shark. You're Tom Arnold and I'm Roseanne. Wait, what?

    So I say goodbye. Don't let the drain plug doesn't hit you on the way down. It's not you, it's me.

    No wait, it's you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was seriously liquid pumpkin pie...with beer. I hate pumpkin pie. This, I could tolerate, though, so now I'm convinced that I just can't do the texture of pumpkin pie. Nice and smooth, with a spicy finish. Good job picking this one - I was pretty sure I was going to hate it. Now I'm feeling more hopeful about other beers I am pretty sure I'll hate...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time for me to catch up....

    I'm a fan of this beer. I tend to really enjoy pumpkin beer but if you're not careful they all end up tasting the same. I think what makes this one stand out is how crisp it's finish is.

    I can also imagine that this one would be really good on tap as well. Not that it's bad in the bottle at all. Good choice for number 1

    ReplyDelete